top of page
Undergraduate Students

If you're interested in applying for an elective or summer practice placement with our clinic, we will be happy to help you with your academic application and immigration requirements.


🇨🇦 Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada

All you need to do is to CLICK HERE to send an email to our Clinical Manager. Before you will be accepted, among the other requirements, you must obtain a clear FAMA-enhanced background check.

🌍 Foreign Citizens

Given the short period that characterizes both elective (up to 12 weeks) and summer practice placements (up to 4 weeks) some foreign applicants, depending on their citizenship, may not require a visa to come to Canada. CLICK HERE to see if your country of citizenship is listed among the ones whose citizens do not require a visa to come to Canada. Unless you are a US citizen, however, you may still require an electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). US citizens and French citizens living in St. Pierre et Miquelon are the only foreign citizens who do not require Travel Authorization prior to embarking on a journey to Canada. 

As of October 2023, foreign students who apply for a summer practicum placement at CRMC can only be accepted if they obtain a clear police check in the country of their residence as well as a FAMA-enhanced background check in Canada.

To start your application, please send an email to the Clinical Manager.


If you are training to become a Registered Nurse in your country and wish to apply to our clinic for an elective placement, you may want to familiarize yourself with the Scope of Practice for Registered Nurses and relative legislation in Alberta as this may be significantly different from the jurisdiction of your University. In Alberta, Registered Nurses enjoy one of the widest scopes of practice in the world that is unmatched in most other jurisdictions including the United States with the exception of some British Commonwealth countries such as New Zealand and recently the UK.

bottom of page